About this event
Dr Kristy Goodwin provides parents/ carers of children aged 0 – 10 years with research-based yet realistic advice to feel confident about how to best support your child’s physical health, mental wellbeing and learning online. The session will explore:
- Why children find the online world captivating and how to manage screen time so it doesn’t end in ‘scream time’
- A simple and realistic formula to determine healthy screen time limits for children based on their basic needs
- Why parents need to be the pilot of the ‘digital plane’ and the 3Bs that allow them to be pilot
- Why focusing on how much time children spend online is not the most important question and the 5 essential boundaries that ensures a child’s time online supports their physical health and mental wellbeing
- Why we should avoid using screen time as a reward or punishment tool (even though that may seem crazy!)
- Realistic strategies to help children transition from screen activities without tears and tantrums
- Why digital connection is critical for your child.
Dr Kristy Goodwin is one of Australia’s leading digital wellbeing and performance experts (and mum who also deals with her kids’ techno-tantrums!). She’s the author of Raising Your Child in a Digital World, a speaker, media commentator and digital wellbeing researcher who doesn’t suggest we ban the iPhone.
This is an online event via Zoom.
Date and time: Tuesday 31 May 2022
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
Tickets: $10 for booking: Click Here