Sydney, Australia – June 21, 2022: The LEGO Group is thrilled to announce that an exclusive in-person LEGO® CON event is coming to Sydney. Hosted on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 July at the Sydney Showgrounds, this is a FREE event that needs to go in the calendar ASAP.
This unique event will give kids of all ages a chance to immerse themselves in a world of LEGO play and experience some LEGO family favourites in real-life.
A special LIVE LEGO Brick experience will be hosted by Ryan “Brickman” McNaught. This interactive challenge is an opportunity for kids to get their hands on bricks, and help The Brickman construct an epic live build at the event. On completion, the giant display will be a mammoth 3 metres high.
Troy Taylor, Vice President, General Manager of LEGO Australia & NZ, said “We are very excited that Australia will host a physical LEGO CON event. Last year, the LEGO Con experience launched virtually for the first time and was extremely successful. With years of lockdowns and lack of events in Australia, we wanted to bring the community together to celebrate the joy of creativity and imagination brought together by LEGO play.
“Kids attending the event will be immersed through the world of their favourite LEGO themes. It will be hours of fun and nostalgia for the family!”
Audiences can expect everything from jaw-dropping life-sized models made entirely out of LEGO bricks, to live demos and exciting building challenges for all. And did we tell you it’s our 90th anniversary this year? Be sure to attend for extra special anniversary surprises that we want to celebrate with you!
Many fan favourite themes will be highlighted with new reveals and content from LEGO® City, LEGO® DOTS, LEGO® Friends, LEGO® Technic and more.
And the fun won’t stop there! This family event has something for everyone!
- LEGO Friends have been helping kids build and act out friendship stories for the last 10 years. This year at LEGO CON, fans will be able to celebrate love, friendship and the value of difference by building different hearts that will come together as one epic giant heart.
- If you missed the Melbourne Grand Prix, this is an opportunity to see the life-sized LEGO F1 McLaren Car for the very last time in Australia before it begins its journey to its next international Formula 1 event. Made with 288,315 LEGO bricks and taking 1,893 hours to build, this McLaren Formula 1 race car LEGO replica, has been designed to allow people to sit in it thanks to the removable halo and steering wheel!
- LEGO City fans can take part in the ultimate LEGO City build challenges. Attendees will be encouraged to build their favourite vehicle, to speed down the racetrack for their chance to win some cool prizes.
- LEGO Masters Fans will get to hear from their top some of the show’s favourite contestants in a special Q&A session along with the chance to put their building skills to the test against some Masters favourites.
- Over the two days, children can help Build the Change and create their version of a more sustainable future using LEGO bricks. The challenging building event for children will help increase their awareness of issues such as climate change, resources and education. These builds will then be on display for the rest of the LEGO CON attendees to admire!
- To celebrate LEGO’s 90 Years of Play Anniversary, LEGO CON will reveal a special nostalgic area, showcasing some key historical LEGO items, including traditional DUPLO and Technic sets! ● Between 11am and 1pm, children can enjoy a sensory-friendly session that allows families to participate in LEGO play within a safe and accepting environment. The LEGO CON big screen experience will be modified with dimmed lights are volume lowered for sensitive ears.
If your collection needs restocking or you simply want to get your hands on some new LEGO set, the LEGO store will be present at LEGO CON, full of special releases and more!
This is an event not to be missed! To attend LEGO CON, families can reserve their Tickets for the morning or afternoon session on the 9th & 10th July via EventBrite. This event is free but tickets are limited, so make sure you get in quick. Reserve your tickets here.