It’s been more than a minute since we’ve all travelled, and a while since we’ve felt comfortable booking trips and family holidays ahead of time. Luckily, we are now welcoming back travel and maybe you’re making plans to book time away with your family. With the return of travel comes the return of cruises around Australia, which we are super excited about.
A change of scenery and having something to look forward to works wonders for the entire family, so why not consider cruising with P&O Cruises. Their family-friendly cruises offer great value, and there are heaps of onboard cruise activities to keep the whole family entertained.
Now that cruising is back, it’s time to start dreaming about your next destination! P&O Cruises share what their most exciting cruise destinations for 2022 and 2023 are to get you inspired and help you decide where to cruise to first
Why go on a cruise with your family?
The benefits of family cruises are countless, especially with a family-friendly cruise line like P&O Cruises. Cruising is an easy family holiday solution that caters to everyone, allowing the parents to relax and the kids to play. Enjoy P&O’s Edge Adventure Park, explore the land with Shore Tours, try out different restaurants, relax near the pool, listen to live music shows onboard, and enjoy the many onboard activities as a family.
Once you book your cruise, most of the planning is done. Accommodation and all main meals are included in the booking, as are entertaining cruise activities. All you have to do is relax and enjoy. There are also plenty of P&O 2022 cruise deals and 2023 cruise deals to help make your family holiday affordable.
What should your first cruise destination be?
If you’re wondering where to travel in 2023, or even later this year, have a look through P&O’s options for Australian cruises and unforgettable cruises in the Pacific Islands. Here are a couple of options for family-friendly cruises to get you inspired:
- Great Barrier Reef. We’ve all spent so much time at home lately, that we of course had some time to think about what to add to our travel bucket list. If visiting the Great Barrier Reef is one of them, definitely book a cruise there. Fall in love with our country’s natural beauty when you follow the sun to explore the mainland’s rainforest, and then snorkel above colourful coral reefs, meeting marine wildlife. If you’re itching to tick off one of the natural wonders of the world off your bucket list, this cruise is the one for you.
- Pacific Island Hopper. If you can’t wait to travel internationally again, hopping around our neighbouring islands in the Pacific could be perfect for you and your family. Get out of good old ‘Straya and go see the world. The Pacific Island Hopper cruise makes it super easy to experience plenty of enticing destinations. From all those stunning island beaches to the ancient culture of Lifou and the French-influenced vibe of Noumea, this option packs a tropical punch. Book a Pacific Island cruise in 2023, and have so much to look forward to.
- Kangaroo Island. The perfect place to wind down, observe the wildlife, and take in the natural beauty of our own backyard, Kangaroo Island is a beautiful cruising option. Departing from Melbourne, this cruise takes you to the charming South Australian island where you’ll meet all sorts of wildlife and unique, picturesque landscapes. If members of your family are adventurers at heart, then both kids and adults will absolutely adore Kangaroo Island!
- Christmas Cruise and New Year’s Cruise. If you’re already thinking about next Christmas and looking for the best way to welcome the new year, a Christmas or New Year’s Cruise may be exactly what you need. Relax at soon as you step onboard the ship, and let P&O organise everything for you. You can truly unwind and know that the whole family will love the onboard activities, meals, Shore Tours, and just relaxing by the pool. Departing from Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne, these cruises are the best way to spend the holidays.
- Short Break Cruise. If you want to make the most of a long weekend, or you can’t quite commit to a longer family holiday, a short cruise may be exactly what you need to feel renewed. Relax and unwind or take part in all the fun cruise activities with family. Short cruises are a really fast way to slow down, live the dream, and change up your usual family getaway. In just 2-5 days you can visit an idyllic destination, laugh till you ache on a comedy cruise, or belt out a tune on our ’80s or Country cruises. Have a look at our many Short Break cruises and find the best one for you!
With so many 2022 and 2023 P&O cruises on offer, you can choose one that’s the perfect fit for you and your family, depending on how much time you have and your idea of the perfect cruise.
Still not sure where to travel and what type of cruise suits your fam best? Take P&O’s helpful online quiz “What type of Cruiseling are you?“ to narrow down your options. Learn more about life onboard, cruise activities, and how much the family will love this type of adventure at P&O’s website where you’ll no doubt feel inspired to book a perfect family holiday.