The Woollahra council very popular Kids Truck Art Competition is back again this year. Local primary school students (K-6) are invited to create an artwork around the theme Caring for our Environment. The winning artworks will be printed on waste trucks for everyone to see!
Caring for our environment means doing simple things every day that can help keep our planet in great shape.
The theme is broad and kids are encouraged to use their imagination and creativity. Some potential themes kids might like to explore in their artwork include:
- Waste management, recycling or composting
- Litter and pollution prevention
- Protecting our oceans, bushlands and animals
- Reducing plastic
- Clean air and energy
- Sustainable living.
- This competition is open to students from K-6.
- The artwork should be A4, landscape in orientation and drawn using strong coloured pencils, textas, or paint. You can also use digital media (e.g. iPad drawing apps, PhotoShop, Canva etc), but please use original photos and artwork (no stock images).
- Make your artwork bright, colourful and bold as these print the best on our trucks.
- Entries close Friday 4 August.
- Please read the competition conditions of entry for further details, including how to deliver your entries.
- Eight winners will be selected and artwork printed on waste trucks. Winners also receive a $50 book voucher.
- Eight runners up will receive a $25 book voucher.
- The school with the most entries will receive $500 to spend on environmental projects at school (we would love to hear about what you are doing).