Eastern Suburbs Mums are being invited to join SeeBeyondBorders at their International Literacy Day event on September 7th to raise awareness and funds for children in Cambodia.
What do SeeBeyondBorders do?
- We mentor and train teachers, introduce technology, work with local communities and run maths and literacy programs to keep children engaged and in school.
- Across our programs for grades 1-3 students, we see an average increase from 37% to 72% in maths and literacy achievement standards.
- We are urgently trying to reach new schools in Siem Reap Province, where quality education is needed most.
Did you know?
- Currently, just 3% of children in Cambodia reach minimum learning standards in literacy and maths by age 15.
- In the areas SeeBeyondBorders are targeting, most children currently drop out of school by Grade 4.
- Lack of education contributes to poverty, violence and trafficking, leaving Cambodian children most vulnerable.
We invite you to come along to this event and make a difference in helping Cambodian children achieve literacy and education standards which will give them a path out of poverty and lifelong opportunities.
All donations go directly towards SeeBeyondBorders’ programs improving the quality of education in rural Cambodian primary schools.
Date: THURSDAY 7 SEPTEMBER
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Location: VivCourt Trading’s event space (188 Oxford St, Paddington)
It will be a highly enjoyable and rewarding evening hosted by journalist and commentator, Kate Cox, where you will:
- Meet and hear from exceptional published authors: Victoria Mackinlay, Richard Simpkin, and Amanda Lieber, who will be sharing their own stories and discussing the importance of literacy on a panel moderated by Words’N’Nerds Podcaster, Dani Vee.
- Receive updates from our team in Cambodia as we share our bold vision to reach new schools in Siem Reap Province, where quality education is needed most.
- Receive special video messages from SeeBeyondBorders’ supporters and literacy advocates.
Join us on this special evening and enjoy:
- Delicious food thanks to House of Welcome Catering
- Wine tasting courtesy of Rosby Wines, Mudgee
- Live auction thanks to McGrath Auctioneer Mark Lines, with many fabulous items thanks to our event supporters including a Hunter Valley getaway, Scenic Flights to Jonah’s lunch, Whale Watching, Virgin Flight Simulator, Sydney Dance Company tickets and a SHAPE yacht experience on Sydney Harbour.
This will be an evening to remember, to share with your family, friends and colleagues.
EASTERN SUBURBS MUMS SPECIAL OFFER: 15% Discount
Tickets usually $39 – enjoy 15% off using promo code: ESM15 at checkout.
Bookings are limited so get in quick!
Most importantly, your presence at this event will support our programs in Cambodia – which to date have helped hundreds of teachers raise the quality of education for thousands of children, restoring their pride and giving them hope for a positive future.
We forward to seeing you and sharing an enjoyable evening together. If you are unable to join us, you can support SeeBeyondBorders with a one-off or regular donation (tax-deductible) here.
From the team at SeeBeyondBorders.
Learn more at: SeeBeyondBorders.org.