Marine and Coastal Discovery Program
Next program: 3 – 5 October 2023
Tuesday 3 Oct
- 8am – 10am Coastal bird tour at South Maroubra $7pp
- 4pm – 6pm Rockpool ramble at Little Bay $7pp
Wednesday 4 Oct
- 10am – 11am Fishy Adventures workshop at South Maroubra SLSC $7pp
- 11.30am – 12.30pm Is Plastic really Fantastic? workshop at South Maroubra SLSC $7pp
Thursday 5 Oct
- 9am – 11am Bushcare at Maroubra Dunes Free
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm Walk about reptiles show at South Maroubra $7pp
Randwick Council’s Marine and Coastal Discovery Program
Council’s marine and coastal activities program is offered three times a year during the summer, autumn and spring school holidays. The program includes a range of affordable activities aimed at helping families and children discover for themselves our unique marine and coastal environment.
Commencing in 2006 as Council’s Summer Activities Program, the marine and coastal education program grew in its success and popularity and is now offered three times a year; taking place at Randwick City’s popular coastal locations including Clovelly, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar and Little Bay beaches; La Perouse and Botany Bay.
The Marine and Coastal Program can include activities like:
- rockpool rambles
- coastal walks
- live animal experiences
- learn to surf
- rips and tides talks
- boat trips
- bird watching
- cultural tours.
The Marine and Coastal Program’s expert guided activities help us all learn how to protect, conserve and enhance Randwick’s unique coastal and marine environments in a safe and fun way. Attracting a small fee per person, the program supports families and groups of friends in coming together and learning together. Bookings for all marine and coastal activities are required.
- Minimum age between 5 to 8 years for activities
- Children under 16 yrs must have a parent or adult guardian in attendance during the activity
- Where specified, parent or adult guardian accompanying children need to pay for the activity.
Be prepared for all walking, water-based activities and rockpool rambles with:
- long sleeve top
- BYO water bottle
- closed footwear (no thongs).
Spaces are limited and bookings are required for all activities. Payment is required upfront for all activities with a fee.
Activities may be cancelled due to insufficient bookings or poor weather. Participants will be advised in the event the activity changes or cancellation occurs. All care is made in the preparation of Council’s Marine and Coastal programs but some changes may occur due to circumstances beyond the control of Randwick City Council. Refunds will be provided for paid activities in the event of cancellation by Randwick City Council.