Do you love the beach and meeting new people? Are you looking for new ways to relax? Join Chibs Okereke, Stress and Burnout Expert, Meditation Instructor, and Narrator on the Calm app at 7.50 am every Saturday for a guided meditation by the sea.
We start meditating between 7.50 am and 8.00 am, and we meditate for 30 minutes. After meditation, we go for coffee and breakfast in a local cafe, and all are welcome.
This weekly meditation class is free for the Sydney and Eastern Suburbs community.
Before meditation, come and join the other members of the Good Deed Crew for either Yoga or Bootcamp at 7.00 am.
Who are The Good Deed Crew?
The Good Deed Crew has curated some of Sydney’s best wellness experts who provide yoga, boot camp and meditation in exchange for a good deed. Our mission is to create health, wellness and good deeds in our local community.
When is it?
Every Saturday morning:
- 7.00 am – choose from either Yoga or Boot Camp
- 7.50 am – group meditation by the sea
- 8.30 am – breakfast and coffee
Where is it?
Next to the skate park at Maroubra Beach.
What does it cost?
To “pay” for your session, we ask you to do a good deed the week before your session. Post about it on your Instagram (tag the members of the Good Deed Crew @good.deed.crew), and tell us about it when you arrive on Saturday.
What is a good deed?
Here are some simple examples:
- Bringing a friend to our sessions on Saturdays (health is wealth and bringing a friend is a good deed)
- Paying for the next person’s coffee at a café
- Helping your neighbours move their fridge
- Paying for the people behind you in line at a drive-through restaurant
- Say ‘hi’ and smile at people to create a more connected community
- Being a good human and helping someone to make their day
*Please post about your good deed on Instagram and tag us (@good.deed.crew). We will then repost it and start a ripple effect of good deeds and “paying it forward” in our local community.
What do I need to do before attending?
- If you want to do Yoga or Bootcamp, complete our health a safety waiver here.
- Show us your ticket when you arrive on Saturday (this will automatically be emailed to you), and
- Tell us about your good deed for the week.
- Bring a friend or make some new ones.
- BYO drink bottle, towel, mat, yoga block, sunscreen, smile.
What else do I need to know?
- You can swap between yoga and boot camp each week; the choice is yours.
- Everyone welcome; these sessions are suitable for all fitness/experience levels.
- All you need to do is arrive at 6.55am ready to move. Bring a towel, sunscreen and water bottle for boot camp and your own mat and block for yoga.
- Please sign our health and safety waiver before arriving on Saturday.
- The team may or may not capture photo and video content each week to help promote the vision and create more good deeds in the local community. Please let the team know if you DO NOT consent to have your image taken during these sessions. Your privacy is our priority; we won’t be offended if you say no.
Date and time