Newly-refurbished Cooper Park Community Hall is open to the public following upgrade works to better cater to community needs.
The much-loved facility, located in Cooper Park, Bellevue Hill adjacent to a popular children’s playground will be available for public hire for social events, recreational and community group activities from 1 April 2023.
The $796,000 upgrade, delivered with funding assistance from the NSW Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program, includes:
- Accessibility features comprising new access ramp, disabled car parking spot and internal toilets
- Additional external disabled toilet installed adjacent to the playground
- New kitchen
- Creation of new large internal space with LED lighting and large ceiling fans
- External decking with access to playground
- New first floor meeting room with external staircase access
- New rain water tank
- Bicycle racks
- Electric vehicle charging station
Additional works include upgraded site car parking, pathways, and landscaping with native plants and new turf.
“Recreational facilities in our parks and reserves are a key priority for Council as they play a vital role in wellbeing, by helping people stay active, meet with family and friends and connect with nature,” Woollahra Mayor Susan Wynne said.
“We are excited to welcome visitors back to the Hall, and so pleased it can now better cater to community needs.”
The Hall has capacity for up to 70 people, and is available for hire 9am – 9pm seven days a week. Children’s party session times are available from 9am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 5pm.
For more information and to book, visit: www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/community/spaces_for_hire/venues