The Waverley council is planning to upgrade the Onslow Street reserve playground.
As identified in our Play Space Strategy, we are making necessary improvements to Onslow Street Reserve to ensure it is fit for purpose and up to the latest Australian Standards.
The upgrade includes:
- A new play space with a multi-play unit, swings, rubber soft fall, custom tunnel and nature play elements;
- A new steel garden fence along the park frontage;
- Additional park bench and bin enclosure
- New park signage
- New tree planting and garden beds
- New connecting path to the playground
This reserve is classified as a ‘pocket playground’, which is defined as ‘a small playground with basic range of play experiences to cater to the immediate needs of residents within a 250m catchment area.’
Have your say
A concept plan was developed and made available for feedback during March 2021.
We were able to get feedback through:
- an online survey here.
- an information session on Wednesday 24 March.
- our on-site Have Your Say day on 20 February 2021, between 10am and 12pm.
- submission posted to PO Box 9, Bondi Junction NSW 1355
- submission dropped into Council’s Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the concept plan.
Construction work will start 21st February 2022 and finish in April 2022, weather permitting.
Expected work hours and times will be 7am – 5pm Monday – Friday (and Saturdays 8am – 1pm if required).
We expect there will be some construction noise however, we will make every effort to minimise the inconvenience to you by ensuring that no loud machinery is used prior to 7:30am. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we complete this upgrade.
For more information
Please email email@example.com(External link) or call 9083 8000., have you say