Join the community and ring in 2024 at the family friendly hour of 9pm with a 15-minute fireworks display off the northern headland of Coogee Beach.
“Thousands of people flock to the beach with friends and family to watch the fireworks and celebrate the new year in a relaxed way,” said Philipa Veitch, Mayor of Randwick.
“There are plenty of great vantage points on the beach and in the surrounding parks. Plus, there will be some fun entertainment along the Coogee Beach promenade from 2pm,” said Mayor Veitch.
If you plan on visiting the area, we encourage you to walk or take public transport as parking is very limited. Here’s what you need to know:
What you need to know
- This event is popular, so arrive early and secure a good spot.
- Disability parking is available on Coogee Oval until allocation is exhausted. Please contact Council and ask to speak to the events team on 1300 722 542.
- Street parking is very limited. Please walk, cycle or use public transport or ride share services.
- Glass, smoking and alcohol are banned on Coogee Beach and surrounding reserves.
- Please dispose of your rubbish responsibly or take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Road closures and clearways will be in place – see our website for more details.
- Life Guards are on duty and First Aid Stations will be available in Goldstein Reserve.
- There will not be any food or beverage stalls in Goldstein Reserve, however you are welcome to bring a picnic or visit local Coogee Businesses for dinner or takeaway.
- Please keep your pets locked safely at home so they’re not disturbed by the fireworks.
Best vantage points
There will be multiple places to view the fireworks around Coogee, including:
- Goldstein Reserve, Coogee: located right next to the beach
- Coogee Beach on the sand
- Grant Reserve & Trenerry Reserve
- Clovelly Beach Car Park
- Burrows Park Headland
- Local restaurants and hotels: many local establishments host excellent New Year’s Eve events within sight of the fireworks
Please note: For safety reasons, there will be a fenced fireworks exclusion zone on Dunningham Reserve Headland.