Join the award-winning Randwick Sustainability Hub each Friday afternoon and learn skills under expert guidance in a friendly setting.
Fridays 1:30- 4:00pm Oct 14 – Dec 17 (10 Weeks)
Location: Randwick Community Centre 27 Munda Street, Randwick
Small spaces can yield big results when productive gardens are designed according to permaculture principles. With many of us limited in space, this practical course led by permaculture expert Margaret Mossakowska, will help you grow more than you thought possible.
Over the seven weeks you will learn to identify many plants and what role they play in the garden as well as create a well thought out plan for your garden. This is a very practical course where we will be out in the garden quite a bit!
- Oct 14 – Permaculture principles – Observation
- Oct 21 – Design planning – sector analysis & zone planning
- Oct 28 – No waste – compost and worm farming
- Nov 4 – Plants, Soil and Bacteria – Guilds
- Nov 11 – Propagation – Seeds and cuttings
- Nov 18 – Propagation – Transplanting
- Nov 25 – Water conservation – Wicking Beds
- Dec 3 – Small spaces – Vertical and aquaponics
- Dec 10 – Small spaces – Containers and microgreens
- Dec 17 – Pest management – plant health and predators
* * Workshops may be recorded and you may appear in the published video. Recordings of past topics can be found on Council’s youtube channel under the PermaBee playlist.