Christmas is coming and we would like to encourage our community to give back to families doing it tough and those who can’t afford essentials or Christmas presents for their children.
We invite our community to support the Community Bank Clovelly Christmas present drive with their local charities – ProjectKindness, Bayside Women’s Shelter, Caring Kids Charity and The Deli Women & Children’s Centre.
Many of these individuals are often living with disabilities or mental illness in less favourable or economic circumstances.
Presents not wrapped would be of preference, however a card included would be valued hugely. This could be stuck to the gift or attached in an envelope. A message of goodwill would be appreciated as recipients often live alone and are isolated.
BAYSIDE WOMEN’S SHELTER
Christmas hamper food and goody donations for the women and children staying at the shelter and those who have successfully moved out into transitional accommodation. E.g. cookies, Christmas puddings, chocolates, biscuits, special food.
These toys are packed into ‘joy boxes’ and sent out to children who care for family members and who often miss out on play time that other children enjoy.
Donations of new, unwrapped gifts – up to 30cm in size.
THE DELI WOMEN & CHILDREN’S CENTRE (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CENTRE)
Gift vouchers for the women fleeing domestic violence to buy food and gifts for their children who are facing an uncertain future.
Toiletries e.g. perfume, body creams, face creams, deodorant, etc.
THE WISH LISTS!
- WISH LIST FOR KIDS: TOYS (DOLLS, BEACH, PLUSH), SOCCER/RUGBY/AFL BALLS, LEGO, ARTs & CRAFTs MATERIALS, BOOKS, BOARD GAMES & PUZZLES, SCHOOL STATIONERY, BACKPACKS
- WISH LIST FOR ADULTS: TOILETRY PACKS, PERFUME, MOISTURISER, AFTERSHAVE, DEODORANT, GIFT VOUCHERS (COLES-MYER/KMART) FOR FOOD AND OTHER ESSENTIAL ITEMS
- WISH LIST FOR TEENAGERS: GIFT VOUCHERS (COLES-MYER/KMART)
- NON PERISHABLE FOODS FOR CHRISTMAS HAMPERS
- PLEASE NO PRE-LOVED ITEMS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.