After closing beaches three weeks ago due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19, Randwick Council has announced today that they will be re-opening Coogee, Clovelly and Maroubra from Monday 20th April for exercise purposes only.
What does this mean?
- People must maintain social distancing 1.5 metres between each other when at the beach.
- Groups will be limited to two people only and they must move on when exercise is complete.
- Sitting or sun-baking on the sand will not be permitted.
- Surfing will be allowed.
- Swimming will be allowed.
- Soft sand running will be allowed.
“We urge everybody to do the right thing and practice social distancing while exercising so we can maintain access for exercise purposes and get through this difficult period together,” commented Mayor Said.